Green Card as a Special Immigrant
- Religious worker - members of a religious denomination coming to the U.S. to work for nonprofit religious organizations.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile: who has been abused, abandoned, or neglected by your parent and you have SIJ status.
- Afghanistan or Iraq national: Individuals who have either: Served as an Afghan or Iraqi translator for the U.S. government; were employed by or for the U.S. government in Iraq on or after March 20, 2003, for at least one year; or were an Afghan employed by the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
- International broadcaster – Individuals coming to work in the U.S. as a member of the media
- Employee of an international organization or family member or NATO-6 employee or family member - Individuals who are retired officers or employees of certain international organizations, or NATO, and certain family members. Go to the Green Card through Other Categories section for information on other eligibility categories for diplomats.