Free Initial Personal Consultation.*
Late EVENING & WEEKEND Appointments Available
718-263-5999 718-263-5999

Computer Professionals

How can computer professionals obtain permanent residence?

There are several ways for foreign computer professionals to work and obtain permanent resident status in the U.S. The most common way is for an employer to sponsor the foreign computer professional for a work visa and get a green card through PERM labor certification.

This process can be done as EB-2 or EB-3. If the position advertised requires a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years progressive work experience, it belongs to EB-2 preference. If the position advertised requires Bachelor’s degree or some education with corresponding experience, it belongs to EB-3 preference.

Other ways to obtain a green card would be through:

EB-1A Person of Extraordinary Ability
Applicants under EB-1 may self-apply for a green card (without the requirement of a job offer or an employer’s sponsorship) and must be able to provide evidence that he/she belongs to the top in his/her field.

EB-1B Outstanding Researcher
An applicant that has a permanent job with a number of publications relating to his/her field may be sponsored by an employer who would petition for the foreign computer professional and submit an I-140 form.

EB-2 National Interest Waiver
This category does not require employer sponsorship. A computer professional who is involved in research projects concerning “national” interests and has publications under his/her name may apply for a green card. However, applying under EB-2 is difficult, unless the applicant has gained notoriety and is a known as an authority in his/her field.

Recent Posts


    • Testimonials

    • ABC News - Trump Modeling

    • Beauty vs Billionaire in Lawsuit Over Trump Modeling

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 3

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 2

    • Naresh Gehi - Immigration - Trump Bulletin 1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Marriage based Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Labor Certification

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - H-1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Green Card under E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Divorce and Marriage Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - EB 5 Visa

    • Immigration Detention or Immigration Jail

    • Sponsoring Your Spouse Who Is Living Abroad For A Green Card

    • Reopening Your Deportation Case: Can Your Old Case Be Reopened?

    • Complicated Issues In Marriage-based Immigration

    • When Should You Go To A Federal Court To Get Your Green Card

    • Criminal Waivers Under Immigration Law

    • Fraud Waivers Under Immigration Law