Free Initial Personal Consultation.*
Late EVENING & WEEKEND Appointments Available
718-263-5999 718-263-5999

Green Card Through Investment

Are you a foreign national who would like to invest a large amount of money in the U.S.?

Do you want to become a permanent resident of the U.S.?

If you answered “Yes” to both of the questions above, then the investor’s green card is a strong possibility for you! The investor’s green card is available to foreign nationals who invest a certain amount of money in the U.S. You can invest money in the U.S by either creating a business or by expanding a business that already exists. The specific details about what is required to obtain an investor’s green card are listed below.

First of all, it is essential that the investor has to work in the management of the company. A group of investors can join together in this process and each one of them will be eligible for a green card. However, for this particular green card, each investor must separately meet the requirements.

What are the requirements?

  1. The investor must have a direct investment in the U.S. in the amount of $1 million dollars or more, and this investment must be involved in either creating or expanding a business.
  2. The business must have at least 10 full-time workers in the U.S.
  3. A direct investment in certain targeted employment areas in the amount of $500,000 or more in creating or expanding a business that employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers can also be considered for the green card purposes.a. Targeted employment areas include rural areas or urban areas with an unemployment rate certified by the state government to be at least 150% of the national average. Furthermore, rural areas are any location that is not part of an official metropolitan area or not within the outer boundaries of any city having a population of 20,000 or more.
  4. Family members of the applicant cannot count as being part of the 10 full-time employees.
  5. In the case of a group of investors applying for green cards, each investor must separately invest $1 million and be responsible for creating 10 new jobs within the company.
  6. The investment must be maintained for at least 3 years.
  7. The principal residence of the investor must be in the U.S.
  8. The investor cannot remain outside of the U.S. for more than one year at a time without special permission.
  9. The green card is issued on a conditional basis for a period of two years.

Can I bring my spouse and children to the U.S.?

Yes. You can bring your spouse and children under the age of 21 to the U.S. with you. Their green cards will also be issued on a conditional basis. When the investor’s green card becomes permanent, so will the family’s green cards.

Are my spouse and/or children able to work or study while in the U.S.?

Yes. Your spouse and children will be issued conditional green cards as well until your green card becomes permanent and they can also work and go to school while in the U.S.


The foreign investor’s green card is available to foreign citizens who invest a particularly large amount of money in the U.S. (minimum of $1,000,000 or $500,000 in specific targeted employment areas), which either must go toward creating a business or expanding a business that already exists. The company receiving the applicant’s investment must have at least 10 employees in the U.S. or create 10 new jobs within the company. A number of other conditions need to be met by the applicant. One’s spouse and children may accompany the successful applicant to the U.S. Once the foreign investor’s permanent residency is established, the applicant’s spouse’s and children’s green cards become permanent, as well.

Recent Posts


    • Testimonials

    • ABC News - Trump Modeling

    • Beauty vs Billionaire in Lawsuit Over Trump Modeling

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 3

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 2

    • Naresh Gehi - Immigration - Trump Bulletin 1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Marriage based Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Labor Certification

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - H-1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Green Card under E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Divorce and Marriage Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - EB 5 Visa

    • Immigration Detention or Immigration Jail

    • Sponsoring Your Spouse Who Is Living Abroad For A Green Card

    • Reopening Your Deportation Case: Can Your Old Case Be Reopened?

    • Complicated Issues In Marriage-based Immigration

    • When Should You Go To A Federal Court To Get Your Green Card

    • Criminal Waivers Under Immigration Law

    • Fraud Waivers Under Immigration Law