Free Initial Personal Consultation.*
Late EVENING & WEEKEND Appointments Available
718-263-5999 718-263-5999

H-1B Visa Professional Worker

Are you a foreign citizen working as a doctor, lawyer, architect, computer programmer or research scientist?

Are you a professional with a specialty occupation (as mentioned above) who wants to work in the U.S.?
You may be eligible to get a H-1B visa

What is an H-1B Visa?

An H-1B Visa is a type of work visa available to professions looking to work in the United States in certain specialty occupations. The requirements for an H1-B Visa are very strict as only 65,000 new H1-B Visas are issued every fiscal year with an additional 20,000 being available to those who have obtained a Master’s Degree or higher from a U.S institution of higher education. The H-1B Visa quota is reset every year on April 1. If you are considering applying for an H1-B Visa you should consult with an immigration about whether you qualify.

How to Get an H1-B Visa?

To Get an H1-B Visa one must apply for one through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You must have a Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent degree typically required for the job you are seeking to perform in the United States. Once granted, the H1-B Visa is good for three years, but may be extended to a total of six years. You will first need to line up a job in the United States before applying.

Application Process for an H1-B Visa?

To apply for an H1-B Visa, your potential U.S employer must send a Labor Certification Application (LCA) to the U.S. Department of Labor. After the LCA is received, the employer must then file a Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker (Form I-129) with USCIS. Once approved, you may then apply for the H1-B Visa to your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Our attorneys, at Gehi and Associates, can help you and your employer with the entire process.

Can a H-1B visa holder have the intention to stay in the USA permanently?

Yes. A H-1B visa holder can be the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition, apply for adjustment of status, or take other steps toward obtaining lawful permanent resident (LPR) status (become a green card holder), without affecting their current H-1B status in the U.S.

Can I travel on a H-1B visa, while awaiting permanent residence?

Yes. During the time that the application for LPR status is pending, an H-1B visa holder may travel on his or her H-1B visa. The H-1B visa holder does not need to obtain an advance parole document or request other advance permission from USCIS to return to the U.S.

Can I bring my spouse and/or children accompany me?

Yes. H-1B visa holder’s Spouses and unmarried minor children may apply dependent visa called H-4 visa, but old aged parents are not eligible. The H-1B visa holder must be able to show that he or she will be able to support his or her family in the U.S. H-4 visa holders are not eligible to work in the United States.

Why Should I Retain an Immigration Attorney?

Like most visa applications, the process can be quite tricky; not all occupations qualify under H1-B Visa status, and the timeline for filing your application is rigid. An immigration attorney can help you, and your future employer navigate these tricky waters, so that there will be no delays in your H1-B Visa being approved, and you are commencing your new job. An immigration attorney can also help answer any questions you have before applying for an H1-B Visa.

Why Choose Gehi & Associates?

Our experienced team of immigration attorneys and paralegals have helped many individuals obtain H1-B status. We work tirelessly day and night for each and every one of our clients, and are always here to serve you. If you are considering an H1-B Visa, please contact our office today for your free initial consultation.

Recent Posts


    • Testimonials

    • ABC News - Trump Modeling

    • Beauty vs Billionaire in Lawsuit Over Trump Modeling

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 3

    • Naresh Gehi Immigration Bulletin 2

    • Naresh Gehi - Immigration - Trump Bulletin 1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Marriage based Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Labor Certification

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - H-1

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Green Card under E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - E-2

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - Divorce and Marriage Immigration

    • The Law with Naresh Gehi - EB 5 Visa

    • Immigration Detention or Immigration Jail

    • Sponsoring Your Spouse Who Is Living Abroad For A Green Card

    • Reopening Your Deportation Case: Can Your Old Case Be Reopened?

    • Complicated Issues In Marriage-based Immigration

    • When Should You Go To A Federal Court To Get Your Green Card

    • Criminal Waivers Under Immigration Law

    • Fraud Waivers Under Immigration Law